Carpets can last for a long time with proper care, but there eventually comes a time when they need to be replaced or cleaned. How do you know when it’s time? In this post, we will discuss the signs that indicate your carpet needs to be replaced or cleaned. We’ll also provide tips on how to prolong the life of your carpets!
When it’s Time to Replace the Carpet
If your carpets are more than 10 years old and look worn out or have large stains or tears, then you should consider replacing them. Other signs that indicate it’s time for a new carpet include discolouration, a musty odour, or an uncomfortable feel when you walk on it. If any of these apply to your carpets, then get ready for a new one!
When it’s Time to Clean the Carpet
You can extend the life of your carpets by getting them professionally cleaned every 18 months. Professional cleaning companies use advanced equipment and techniques to remove deep-set dirt and allergens from your carpeting. This helps keep your home healthier and prevent the build-up of dirt, dust and other particles.
Tips for Extending the Life of Your Carpet
There are a few simple things you can do to prolong the life of your carpets:
- Vacuum regularly – Weekly vacuuming is recommended to remove surface dirt and keep your carpets looking their best. Make sure you use a vacuum cleaner with an adjustable head that fits properly to your carpet type.
- Place mats at all entrances – Doing this will help capture most of the dirt and grit that people bring in on their shoes, reducing wear and tear on your carpets.
- Avoid wearing shoes indoors – Train everyone in your family or office to take off their shoes before walking on your carpets.
- Avoid high-traffic areas – Place rugs or mats in high-traffic areas to prevent too much wear and tear.
- Clean spills immediately – Blot any spills as soon as they happen with a clean cloth and then use a mild detergent to remove the stain. Do not rub or scrub the stain, as this might damage the fibres of your carpet.
- Have your carpets professionally cleaned every 18 months – Professional cleaning companies use advanced equipment to deep clean your carpets, removing dirt, allergens and dust particles that regular vacuuming can’t reach. This will help prolong their life and keep them looking their best.
In conclusion, when it’s time to replace or clean your carpets depends on their age and condition. Following these tips will help keep your carpets looking and feeling great!